CVES Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 3K and PreK: 1st Floor Ramp
- Kindergarten: Gymnasium
- 1st-5th Grades: School Yard
My Child's Progress
CVES Grading Policy
Completion of classwork (classwork has to be completed within the allotted timeframe)
Participation (sharing thoughts in partnerships or whole class)
Assessments (post-assessments, quizzes, summative)
*Homework/Study: Review Assignments
*Late homework will NOT receive credit. Please encourage your child to complete his/her homework or review guide when applicable.
In grades K-2, promotion is determined by the principal. The principal makes a determination based on her assessment of the student's readiness for the next grade as well as evidence submitted by the student's educators.
The decision to have a student repeat a grade only happens after a process of due diligence, which includes continual consultation with the student's parents/guardians throughout the school year.
Information provided to parents/guardians throughout the year includes a mid-year promotion-in-doubt notification in writing, parent/teacher conferences, regular reporting of the performance level of the student's work, regular reporting of assessment results, and timely notification of any attendance concerns.
Due diligence consists of proactive actions taken by the school to support students who are promotion in doubt, including escalating academic and attendance interventions as well as targeted instructional strategies.
In grades 3-5, all of the above applies. Additionally, the results of state assessments will be taken into consideration.
Parents/guardians who wish to appeal the principal's promotion decision for their child may do so in writing to the superintendent. The school will then present all evidence to the superintendent. Based on the evidence submitted, the superintendent will make a final promotional decision.
- Read with your child every day, preferably for at least 30 minutes.
- Make sure your child completes all of their homework assignments on time.
- Help your child gets extra practice by having them log into myON for reading and Reflex for math.
- Check your Schoology Parent Account for updates from your child's teachers.
Student Code of Conduct / Behavioral Expectations
Cell Phone Policy
Health and Safety Policies
Social Media Policy
Communicating with CVES
- Phone: Call the main office at (718) 402-7503
- Email: Use the CVES Directory to email us
- Text Message: Via Kinvolved, our text messaging service
- Meeting: Schedule a virtual or in person meeting
- Join the Parents Association. Learn more at CVES Parents Association
- Check your child's bookbag daily. Information is often sent home with students.
- Subscribe to our social media accounts! We're on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube (cves359)
- This school website: CVES Official Website
- Create a Parent Schoology Account. Contact you child's teacher for more information.
- Kinvolved text messages
- NYCDOE Parent Account